It is highly recommended that you install Google Camera if you want your phone's camera quality to be improved and to enjoy features such as Astrophotography mode, Portrait mode, HDR+, etc, on Google Pixel camera.
Both the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro have pretty solid hardware specs and you can download them now.
Out of the three cameras on the OnePlus 7 Pro, the primary one has 48MP, the ultrawide camera has 18MP, and the telephoto lens has 8MP.
After several years of using the Google Pixel lineup for photography, the Google Camera and its post-processing algorithms changed the way we expect smartphone cameras to work. Google Camera ports for non-Google devices are so highly requested because of this exact reason.
Any smartphone that supports Camera2API can use Google's HDR+ optimization and Portrait Mode with the appropriate ported Google Camera app (commonly called "Gcam" by the community).
Even the Pixel's Google Camera app can be sideloaded without additional mods with Google Camera Go, a trimmed-down version of the app. Over the last few years, Google has worked on bringing some of the novel features from the full-blown app to the "Go" variant.
Oneplus 7 GCam APK Feature
- New UI
- RAW support
- Brand new panorama UI – no more blue dots and manual snaps – just pan around and done
- Long press the viewfinder for quick access to Lens mode
- Audio recording toggle in Panorama mode
- Live Lens
- H265 video recording
- Motion Autofocus
- Top Shot
- Group Selfies
- Night Sight
- Photo Booth
- Super Res Zoom
In Google Camera, you can access a blur mode to reduce lens distortion. Blurry photographs can be enhanced with this feature to give them a bokeh effect.
Focus or Defocus:
By focusing or defocusing on an object, you can take DSLR-style photos with your smartphone.
High Dynamic Range:
Whenever you are photographing in HDR+, it is important to keep the light low or close to the source.
Stable video and photos:
Taking videos and photos with this camera is easier than ever before,
A 360-degree photo shows:
In order to take 360-degree panoramic photos, you must use a 360-degree camera.
A closer look:
In close-up shots, a blurry background (bokeh) can enhance their beauty.
Record a slow-motion video:
In addition to recording slow-motion videos, this camera can also record videos at 240 frames per second.
What are the extras you get with GCam?
Most people know about the GCam app from when it had HDR+ a couple of years ago. A significant amount of progress has been made with the camera app since then.
Listed below are some of the extra features you can expect from the camera setup:
- Astrophotography involves photographing the stars in the dark. The features listed here may not appeal to everyone, but they are worth mentioning.
- HDR+ produces many images when the scene contains much darker or brighter areas.
- With GCam's portrait mode, you can achieve a DSLR-like bokeh effect.
- Night Sight mode improves the camera's low-light exposure.
- The ability to stabilize videos in multiple modes
- To edit a raw image, capture it as a RAW
- An integrated Google Lens is available
On OnePlus 7, how do I install GCam
OnePlus 7 GCam can be installed easily with these steps. The instructions below will guide you through the process. Installing GCam is made easier by following this guide. If you have any problems, you can share them with us.
- Oneplus 7 GCam APK can be downloaded by tapping on the download link above.
- Check your device's Unknown Sources settings and enable them. Select Security/Privacy from the Settings menu on your device and enable it. The installation can be skipped if it is already enabled.
- Tap on the Install button to launch the package installer.
- Open it after installation is complete.
- You will enjoy using the Google camera on the OnePlus 7.